These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are so delicious. Loaded with chocolate chips and chocolate chunks. These cookies are crispy and chewy . . . best of both worlds.
Fall is definitely in the air which means it’s time to pull out the pumpkin.
I love any and all recipes involving pumpkin. I’ve also kept it no secret how much I love, adore, crave, etc. chocolate chip cookies, so these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are what came out of my kitchen yesterday. It’s actually a miracle I even baked at all because I’m right in the middle of repainting my main floor and I’m in a complete mess, buuuut my cookie craving got the best of me yesterday and the rest is history.
So good. So fabulous. So tasty. The pumpkin flavor is really subtle, the cookies are slightly crispy on the outside and chewy inside . . . Mmmm, my kind of cookie. When you bite into one of the milk chocolate chunks, it’s pure chocolate bliss.
I’ve only seen the pumpkin spice pudding mix at Walmart and once it hits the shelves, people seem to stockpile it . . .me included.Print
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 small pkg. instant pumpkin spice pudding mix
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup good quality milk chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars until just mixed (there will still be small butter chunks.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until just incorporated.
- Add pudding mix, flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt and mix until well combined.
- Add chocolate chip and chocolate chunk, mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and tap cookie sheet on counter a couple times. Let cool for 2-3 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- UPDATED 9/15/20: Winco has a big display of pumpkin spice pudding mix!
- UPDATED 10/25/2018: I haven’t been able to find the Jell-O brand Pumpkin Spice Pudding mix at Walmart or Target for the last couple years. But Walmart does carry this Royal Delights Pumpkin Spice Dessert Mix and it works great as a replacement in these cookies.
- I love putting both semi sweet and milk chocolate chips in my cookies, but feel free to use one or the other. However, for these cookies, I highly recommend using really good quality milk chocolate and cutting into chunks. I buy mine from Trader Joe’s, it’s a belgium milk chocolate and it’s amazing. If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s by you then I would at least use the big Guittard milk chocolate chips.
- Category: Cookies
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker
I linked up at: Buns in My Oven