With just a hint of pumpkin flavor, these chocolate chips cookies are perfect for fall. Soft and chewy and filled with chocolate chips and chocolate chunks.
- 2 sticks butter (, room temperature)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 small pkg. instant pumpkin spice pudding mix
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup good quality milk chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars until just mixed (there will still be small butter chunks.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until just incorporated.
- Add pudding mix, flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt and mix until well combined.
- Add chocolate chip and chocolate chunk, mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and tap cookie sheet on counter a couple times. Let cool for 2-3 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
UPDATED 10/25/2018: I haven’t been able to find the Jell-O brand Pumpkin Spice Pudding mix at Walmart or Target for the last couple years. But Walmart does carry this Royal Delights Pumpkin Spice Dessert Mix and it works great as a replacement in these cookies.
I love putting both semi sweet and milk chocolate chips in my cookies, but feel free to use one or the other. However, for these cookies, I highly recommend using really good quality milk chocolate and cutting into chunks. I buy mine from Trader Joe’s, it’s a belgium milk chocolate and it’s amazing. If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s by you then I would at least use the big Guittard milk chocolate chips.