- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 to 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Generously butter and flour your bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together until smooth the canned pumpkin, eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Add the dry ingredeiints and mix just until combined, don’t over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
- Set the pan on a cooling rack for 20 to 25 minutes. Then loosen the cake all around the edges with a thin offset spatula, and invert it onto a cooling rack.
- Brush generously with the melted butter, and sprinkle generously all over with the sugar, patting it into the cake if needed.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins