These Pumpkin Donut Muffins are heavenly! Tender and moist they practically melt-in-your mouth! Coated in melted butter and cinnamon sugar and finished off with an optional browned butter glaze. Spectacular!
I’ve been going a little crazy in my kitchen with pumpkin and I’m not sad about it. I also don’t see myself stopping anytime soon. Sorry, I just ♡love♡ pumpkin.
These Baked Pumpkin Donuts are out of this world! If you’ve never made them you’re truly missing out. I was craving them the other day and got thinking that not everyone has a donut pan so maybe I should make pumpkin donut muffins instead. Yes, I know I didn’t reinvent the wheel here, muffin donuts already exist. In fact, these French Breakfast Puffs could easily be called donut muffins (they’re amazing!!).
I’m just doing you all a favor by showing you how to take these amazing pumpkin donuts and turn them into Pumpkin Donut Muffins. This way, if you don’t have a donut pan, you’re not missing out on the most amazing pumpkin donut muffins ever!
There’s just something about donut muffins that makes them irresistible. They are super easy to make and taste completely fabulous. The great thing is you don’t need a special donut pan, just scoop the batter into a muffin tin, and they’ll bake into tender donut muffins.
I think it might be safe to say that these Pumpkin Donut Muffins are currently my favorite pumpkin treat. They are the perfect mix of a dense muffin, with a light and airy donut texture.
CAN I MAKE THESE SMALLER BY USING A MINI MUFFIN TIN?
Yes, of course, but I always say the bigger the better! Go big or go home, right? If you decide to make these using mini muffin tins, I would bake them at 350° for probably only 8 to 10 minutes.(*I’ve never made these mini size, that is totally a guesstimate on time, just watch them closely.)
DO THEY NEED THE BROWNED BUTTER GLAZE?
I am a huge fan of anything with browned butter, so I love these donut muffins with the glaze on them. Having said that, I also love them without the glaze probably equally as much. I always make some with and some without. Either is the perfect finishing touch! (*NOTE: you still want to dip them in the butter and cinnamon-sugar mixture if you do the glaze.)Just look at all that buttery, cinnamony-sugary coating . . . it’s definitely a game changer for these pumpkin donut muffins.
And if that sugary coating isn’t enough for you, then go ahead and take these donut muffins to a whole other level by dipping the tops in a browned butter glaze . . . are you DROOLING? You should be!
Now go get busy in your kitchen!Print
Pumpkin Donut Muffins
- Total Time: 38 minutes
- Yield: 12 donut muffins 1x
These Pumpkin Donut Muffins are heavenly! Tender and moist they practically melt-in-your mouth! Coated in melted butter and cinnamon sugar and finished off with an optional browned butter glaze. Spectacular! ♡
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée (canned pumpkin)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Brown Butter Glaze:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons milk or cream (enough to make a glaze consistency)
- 1 teaspoon teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray or line with liners.
- Beat together the oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, spices, salt, and baking powder until smooth. Add the flour, stirring just until smooth. Let batter rest in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin tin (fill each cup almost to the top, a hefty 3/4 full). Bake for 6 minutes and then reduce your oven temperature to 350° and bake for 16 to 18 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let donut muffins cool almost completely then dip each muffin into the bowl with melted butter. Let excess butter drip off and then roll into the bowl of cinnamon sugar. Dip tops of the coated muffins in browned butter glaze, if desired.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon and mix until well combined.
Brown Butter Glaze:
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Whisk constantly and continue cooking until golden, about 7- 8 minutes. Pour the butter into a small bowl and let cool for about 5 minutes. Whisk in the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Dip the donut tops in the glaze., if desired.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Desserts
Keywords: pumpkin, muffins, donuts,
Recipe Source: This pumpkin donut recipe on my site
Lori West says
Oh my goodness! These look incredible!! I vote for you to bring them to the next get together!!!
These look perfect for a family cookout thats coming up! Thank you!
You will love them!