- 1 box (14.4 oz) cinnamon graham crackers
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz) pumpkin spice pudding
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz) white chocolate instant pudding
- 3 cups milk or half-n-half (fat free works great)
- 1 8- oz container cool whip
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons hot water
- In a medium bowl, combine the pudding mixes and milk. Whisk until smooth and thickened. Fold in cool whip. Set aside.
- Layer a 9×13 (glass or metal) pan with whole graham crackers, cinnamon side up. (You will have to break a few to make smaller pieces to cover the entire bottom of the pan). Pour half of the pudding mix over the layer of graham crackers. Place another layer of graham crackers on top of the pudding mix, cinnamon side up.
- Spread remaining pudding mix over graham crackers and then finish off with one more layer of graham crackers, cinnamon side down this time. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the ingredients for the glaze. Mix until smooth. (You want this to be a thin frosting consistency, add more water if needed). Carefully spread over top layer of graham crackers. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- The pumpkin spice pudding is available at Walmart, I haven’t seen it at any other stores. Hopefully you’re lucky enough to have some on hand, if not I hope you can still find some. I chose to mix a pumpkin spice and white chocolate flavor pudding but you could certainly use two boxes of the pumpkin spice or even a box of vanilla instead of the white chocolate. I didn’t want the pumpkin flavor to over power everything. The pumpkin flavor is subtle, but we all thought it was just right, especially with the flavor of the cinnamon graham crackers coming through.Also, depending on the pan you use, you may be short a cinnamon graham cracker or two. I didn’t have a second box of cinnamon crackers, so I just used regular graham crackers to finish off my top layer.
- If you don’t have any luck finding the pumpkin spice pudding you can make the original chocolate eclair version of this by using regular graham crackers instead of cinnamon and then using two boxes of french vanilla pudding.
- Category: Desserts