- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup light molasses
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon light-colored corn syrup
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9×9 baking dish.
- Mix together flour and sugar. Use a pastry blender to mix in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Press 1 3/4 cups of this mixture evenly in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- To the remaining dry mixture add the baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt, and cloves to crumb mixture and stir well.
- Add the buttermilk, molasses, pumpkin and egg and mix until well combined. Pour batter on top of crust in the baking pan.
- Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with caramel sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins