I am so excited that it is officially spring!! Woo hoo! I am so ready for it. Although I really can’t complain because we have had such a mild winter here in Utah. It’s actually been quite a bizarre one. Warmer temps than normal and not much snow. . . crazy.
I have a fast and delicious dinner to share with you today. I’d gone to Costco the other day and grabbed a rotisserie chicken like I always do when I’m there. I was trying to figure out what to make for dinner and I saw a big ol’ box of Bisquick sitting on my pantry shelf. I pulled it out and was looking at the recipes on the box and saw the one for the impossibly easy cheeseburger pie (which by the way, is really good if you’ve never tried it), which led me to this Quick & Easy Mexican Chicken Bake. Don’t ask how a recipe for a cheeseburger pie inspired a Mexican chicken dish . . .it just did. Sometimes that’s how my brain works.
It’s not anything fancy schmancy that you’d find in a 5-star restaurant, but trust me when I tell you it was really good. Braydon devoured it which speaks volumes!
It’s so simple to make, especially when you use a rotisserie chicken. This is what I like to call a mix and dump dinner. You mix things up in a bowl and dump them in a pan. . . doesn’t get much easier. I garnished it with all the yummy stuff, my boys drizzled my homemade Cafe Rio dressing on it. . . delicious either way!Print
- 4 cups shredded chicken (Rotisserie works great!)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese (or any kind you like)
- 1 can (4 oz) green chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs eggs
- Sour cream
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, corn, black beans, cheese, green chillies, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined. Pour into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In another bowl, stir the Bisquick, milk and eggs with fork or wire whisk until blended. Pour over chicken mixture.
- Bake about 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.