Quick & Simple Roast Beef Sandwiches are a game changer when it comes to dinnertime. Deli roast beef, peppers, onions and pepper jack cheese piled on toasted hoagie rolls. So simple and so good!
After 12 straight days of sugar, I thought maybe I better share something more on the savory side. If you love a good Philly Cheesesteak sandwich, but don’t have the time or the steak on hand, then these Quick & Simple Roast Beef Sandwiches are going to become your new BFF.
These sandwiches are so simple to make and taste phenomenal. They start with deli roast beef, sautéd peppers (red or green, or both) and onions, topped with melted pepper jack cheese and piled onto a toasted hoagie bun.
With the craziness of the holidays, these sandwiches are the perfect solution for a night you need something quick and delicious.
You really can’t mess these up. They are so easy peasy and I promise you’re going to thank me later for sharing.
Can I use any kind of bell peppers?
Yes! I’ve made these sandwiches using only green bell peppers, using only using both red and green (so festive for the holidays, right?!) . . . they are delicious any way you make them. Feel free to use yellow or orange peppers as well. I do love them most when I use at least some green pepper, just because I think green peppers have a distinct/different taste than red, orange or yellow pepper, and I love the flavor of the green pepper in these sandwiches.
What size rolls should I use?
Use whatever size hoagie roll you’d like. For these pictures, I used larger size rolls that I cut in half to serve. You could even use more like a dinner roll and make these more like a slider.
What should I serve with these sandwiches?
I love to serve these sandwiches with potato chips and then either a green salad, fresh fruit, or veggies & dip, etc. Just your basic, simple sides. Pretty much anything goes with these sandwiches.
If you need other yummy sandwich ideas you should try these Slow Cooker Flank Steak Sandwiches, Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches or these Slow Cooker Jalapeno Chicken Sandwiches. These are all some of of our favorites!Print
Quick & Simple Roast Beef Sandwiches
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 to 5 sandwiches 1x
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups diced green bell or red pepper (or both)
- 1 cup diced onion (yellow or white)
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Montreal Steak seasoning (optional)
- 1 lb. deli sliced roast beef, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grated pepper jack cheese (or even more if you’d like)
- 4 to 5 Hoagie rolls
- Saute chopped pepper and onions in butter over medium heat. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and Montreal Steak seasoning (if using). Continue to cook until tender.
- Roughly chop your roast beef then add to the cooked peppers and onions. Cook, for about 6 to 7 minutes (stirring occasionally) until roast beef browns a bit.
- Add in about 1/2 cup of the grated pepper jack cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Reduce heat to low and sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cover with a lid for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Butter your hoagie buns and toast in a skillet until golden brown. Pile meat mixture on top and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
My hubby is going to love this! Thanks for another great recipe! Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!
Hi Sara, your husband will love them, I promise! I actually just made them again last night because they’re so good and fast to make.
This was an excellent sandwich! I substituted an american cheese and provolone cheese for the cheese but it turned out amazing. Really, really good. Thank you so much for posting this.