- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups diced green bell or red pepper (or both)
- 1 cup diced onion (yellow or white)
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Montreal Steak seasoning (optional)
- 1 lb. deli sliced roast beef, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grated pepper jack cheese (or even more if you’d like)
- 4 to 5 Hoagie rolls
- Saute chopped pepper and onions in butter over medium heat. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and Montreal Steak seasoning (if using). Continue to cook until tender.
- Roughly chop your roast beef then add to the cooked peppers and onions. Cook, for about 6 to 7 minutes (stirring occasionally) until roast beef browns a bit.
- Add in about 1/2 cup of the grated pepper jack cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Reduce heat to low and sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cover with a lid for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Butter your hoagie buns and toast in a skillet until golden brown. Pile meat mixture on top and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins