Right up front I’m going to warn you that these bars are totally and completely deadly. They are gooey, rich, decadent and absolutely fabulous!
I have a yummy recipe for lemon bars that I will share another time, but I was wanting something a little different the other day— something with raspberry and coconut (yum!) so I changed up the recipe for lemon bars and came up with these. I’m not going to lie, they rock, and I mean THEY ROCK! As soon as I tried one, I knew I’d have to quickly give them away. I of course did manage to eat about an entire row of them before I so kindly shared them. My sister-in-law said they are her new favorite treat. The oatmeal crust combined with the raspberry jam and sweetened condensed milk and coconut . . . absolutely divine!
Put your running shoes on because you will definitely need to go run a few miles or head to the gym.Print
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter (, softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup coconut (, divided)
- 1 can ((14 oz) sweetened condensed milk)
- 1 cup raspberry jam/preserves
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spread 1/2 cup of the coconut evenly on a baking sheet and toast in middle of oven, stirring once, until golden, about 8 minutes, then cool.
- Blend together flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar and butter in a mixer or food processor. Mix until well blended and and stir in the oatmeal and toasted coconut.
- Press 2/3 of this mixture into the bottom of a greased 9×9 baking dish. Spread raspberry jam evenly over the top. Drizzle about 1/2 the can of sweetened condensed milk over the jam. Spread the remaining crumb mixture evenly on top and then sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of coconut, finally drizzle the remaining 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk on top.
- Bake at 350° for 25 – 35 minutes, or until top and edges are golden brown.
- Cool completely and cut into squares to serve.