Ahhhh, raspberries. . . My favorite.
I’ve made this raspberry crisp three (yes, 3) times in the last week. I obviously can’t get enough of it.
Fruit crisps are one of my favorite summer desserts and why wouldn’t they be? Fresh fruit with a crispy, delicious oatmeal topping then finished off with fresh whipping cream or vanilla ice cream–completely fabulous!
The perfect dessert to make for a family BBQ or to make just because.Print
This raspberry crisp is the perfect dessert for summer when raspberries are in abundance. Serve warm with some vanilla ice cream and you’ll be in raspberry heaven.
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. (heaping) cornstarch
- 2/3 cup sugar ((less if you want it a little tart))
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 6 Tbsp. cold butter (, cut into pieces)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine (rinsed) raspberries, corn starch, 2/3 cups sugar, and vanilla. Stir and set aside.
- In a separate bowl (or food processor) combine cold butter pieces, brown sugar, oatmeal, and flour. Cut together with a pastry cutter (or pulse in food processor) until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add berry mixture to a small baking dish (8×8 or 9×9 inch pan) or pie plate. Sprinkle topping mixture all over the top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.
- Allow to sit for about 20-30 minutes before serving. Scoop out with a spoon and top with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Feel free to adjust the amount of sugar you add to the raspberries depending on sweet or tart you like things.
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker