Raspberry Freezer Jam is a staple at our house. This recipe is easy and in my opinion the best raspberry jam ever. Even if you’ve never made jam, this one is a cinch to make.
- 6 cups fresh raspberries (3 cups total mashed)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 box Sure Jell Pectin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- Add raspberries to a large bowl and lightly mash them. Be careful not to over mash them, they should still be slightly chunky.
- Measure out exactly 3 cups of mashed berries and pour them into a separate large bowl.
- Add the sugar and mix well and then let stand for 10 minutes, stirring 3 or 4 more times during that 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, stir together pectin with 3/4 cup water. Bring to a rolling boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Once it reaches a rolling boil, boil for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir pectin into the berries mixture and continue to stir for 3 minutes.
- Pour jam into containers, leaving 1/2 inch of space at the top of the container, for expansion. Cover with lid and allow jam to rest at room temperature for 24 hours before freezing. *This makes about 6 to 7 cups of jam.
- Jam will keep for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator, or freeze for up to one year.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Sauces/Dressings/Jams