- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned whole-rolled oats (don’t use quick cook or instant)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of raspberry preserves (seeded or seedless will work)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8×8-inch square pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray (or you can just spray the pan), set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl add the butter and cook until melted, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in the sugars and vanilla.
- Add the flour, oats, optional salt, and stir to combine.
- Set aside 1 heaping cup of the oatmeal mixture.
- Press remaining mixture into prepared pan. Evenly spread the raspberry preserves over the crust making sure you cover the entire crust. ( jam should be about 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch thick).
- Evenly sprinkle with the reserved heaping 1 cup crumble topping mixture. (For bigger chunks, squeeze some of the mixture in your hand).
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until edges are set and center has just set and is lightly golden browned.
- Place pan on a wire rack and allow bars to cool for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.
- Depending on how big or small you cut these bars, you can get about 9 to 12 bars.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Brownies & Bars