I can’t believe it’s Monday already again. I really wish the weekends wouldn’t go so fast.
We were watching the Olympics last night and I’ve got to say those snowboarders that do all those flips and spins in the air are completely insane! I get so nervous even watching them. I could never, ever do that!! They are amazing, insane, but so incredibly amazing!
With Valentines Day just a few short days away, these red velvet white chocolate chunk blondies are the perfect treat to share with you today. These are so easy to make and are absolutely delicious. The richness of the red velvet combined with the chunks of yummy white chocolate is just winning combination if you ask me. I love the deep red color of these bars. . . aren’t they just beautiful? I think they just scream “Valentines.”
Funny story about these bars. I had the pan sitting on my kitchen counter and when I opened the cupboard to grab out the jar of peanut butter, I accidentally knocked out my powdered sugar shaker and it landed in the pan of red velvet blondies. Obviously powdered sugar went all over the few that were left in the pan and I must say, it tasted really good on them and made them look even prettier. So if you feel like shaking a little powdered sugar on top, then go right ahead!
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 bars ((about 4 oz each) good quality white chocolate chopped (I used Lindt))
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl add cake mix, oil, egg and buttermilk. Mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Press into a greased 9×9 cake pan and bake for 21-23 minutes. Allow to cool Let cool for at least 60 minutes before cutting.
I linked up at Buns In My Oven