This Rice Krispie Ice Cream pie starts with a peanut butter crispy pie crust then is topped with your favorite flavor of ice cream. So simple and so delicious!
Anything involving ice cream is a huge favorite at our house, which is why I knew this Rice Krispie Ice Cream Pie would be a smashing success at our house. When I ran across this recipe months ago, it reminded me of this Ice Cream Pie , which happens to be one of our very favorite desserts. I bookmarked it, and like so many recipes that I bookmark, it was forgotten.
I’m not even sure what made me think about this the other day, it might have been the box of Rice Krispies sitting on my pantry shelf, who knows. I’m just glad something tweaked my little brain and got me to finally make this. Um, it’s amaaaazing (which I had no doubts about) and so easy peasy to make.
The thing I love about this pie, besides the fact it’s so simple to make, is how versatile it is. You can choose any ice cream flavor you like. If you can’t decide, use two different flavors. I used Dreyer’s Caramel Delight and it was fabulous. I swirled in some extra caramel which made it even more fabulous. Now if you’re worried about the peanut butter in the crust limiting what flavors you can use, don’t! According to the post on Foodiecrush, Heidi says that the bottom of her grandmother’s recipes card reads, “green peppermint choc. chip is gram’s fave.” I may just have to try that.
The only thing I think I’ll do differently next time, is one and a half the crust recipe so it’s slightly thicker because that is my favorite part of this dessert! This is such a great dessert for summertime. Who doesn’t love an ice cream pie?!Print
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- ⅓ cup chunky peanut butter ((smooth is fine too))
- ⅓ cup white Karo syrup
- 1½ –2 quarts softened ice cream flavor of your choice ((depending on size of ice cream container))
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 9″ pie pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the peanut butter and Karo syrup, stir until well combined. Add the Rice Krispies and mix until well combined (mixture will be thick). Gently press the mixture into the pan and up the sides.
- Fill the crust with the softened ice cream and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer about 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe Source: Foodie Crush
I linked up at: Buns in My Oven