Ritz Cracker Chicken is a simple, delicious meal that everyone is going to love. Chicken pieces coated in seasoned, crushed Ritz Crackers. Delicious dipped in your favorite sauce or on it’s own.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy chicken recipe to make for dinner tonight, then I’ve got your back. Ritz Cracker Chicken is an oldie, but a goodie and everyone loves it!
Who doesn’t love Ritz crackers? They’re a classic and one of my all time favorite crackers in the history of ever! As kids, my siblings and I would eat them with peanut butter and raspberry jam on top, or with a spoonful of cottage cheese and a sprinkling of Lawry’s seasoning salt. So many Sunday afternoons after coming home from church, that would be our snack to hold us over until dinner.
My boys now love to do the same thing, only I’m pretty sure they only make the PB&J version and just roll their eyes at me when make some with cottage cheese on top.
Since we obviously love Ritz, then you could probably guess we all love this Ritz Cracker Chicken. The simple combination of Ritz Crackers, a little seasoning and butter creates a delicious crispy outside, with an incredibly juicy and tender inside. It’s chicken perfection. . . not dry and isn’t lacking in flavor.
This chicken is completely delicious on it’s own, but we love to dip ours in either ranch dressing, BBQ sauce or our favorite way, Chick-fil-a sauce (either homemade or Walmart’s knockoff, if I don’t have any of the “authentic” packets sitting in my pantry).
There are different versions out there, but I’m sharing our favorite way to enjoy this delicious meal.
Ritz cracker chicken has a gorgeous golden brown crust. It’s tender, juicy, super flavorful and absolutely delicious!
HOW TO MAKE RITZ CRACKER CHICKEN:
This chicken is so easy to make! Simply dip the each piece of chicken in eggs, then dredge in the seasoned cracker crumbs and place in a 9×13 baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Last, drizzle some melted butter on top and throw it in the oven.
This is such a simple, fantastic dinner that even your pickiest eaters are going to love it.Print
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in half (or thirds if really big pieces)*
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 sleeve Ritz Crackers (about 30 crackers)
- 2 teaspoons Good Seasons Zesty Italian dressing mix (the dry stuff)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup butter, cut into small chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put Ritz crackers in a Ziploc bag and crush using a rolling pin (don’t crush super fine, leave some bigger pieces). Place cracker crumbs in a shallow dish and add Zesty Italian dressing mix, Parmesan cheese and salt, mix until combined.
- Place beaten eggs in a shallow dish, set aside.
- Dip each chicken breast into the beaten eggs and then into the crumb mixture to completely coat the chicken.
- Arrange chicken in a 9×13-inch baking dish and place a few pieces of butter on top of each piece of chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
*You can also use 10 to 12 chicken tenders.