The other day when I took my first bite these Ritz Reese’s S’more bars, I thought I’d died and gone to heaven . . .really I did.
Holy moly these bars are delicious. Actually delicious doesn’t even begin to describe these. They are quite possibly my new favorite addiction and I’m planning on making them again today.
I saw these two days ago over at Oh Sweet Basil and I think I had them made within three hours of seeing them. Carrian has some amazing recipes on her site and this is one of them. The combination of the salty Ritz crackers paired with sweetness of the marshmallows and peanut butter cups is fabulous. And the cinnamon sugar added to the crumb mixture . . . talk about genius! The hint of cinnamon is sheer perfection.
I don’t really even know if there are words to truly describe how delicious these are. If you are a s’more lover and a peanut butter cup lover then you’ve found your new best friend. A buttery, sweet and salty crust, piled with marshmallows and chopped peanut butter cups and then topped with more of the yummy crust. I don’t really think things can get much better.
You really need to make these . . . like 5 minutes ago. You see, this is when my buying-holiday-candy-when-it-goes-half-price problem is a good problem to have because I already had a large bag of Reese’s peanut butter cups in my food storage (ok, more like candy storage). While these are absolutely scrumptious completely cooled, you’ve got to try them while they are still warm and gooey — you will be hooked!
As if I really needed one more thing to be addicted to! Now I’m for sure going to have to try these with other candy bars like Twix, Kit Kats, Milky Ways, etc. Oh Yum!
You really, really need to make these.Print
- 1 1/2 sleeves of ritz crackers (, crushed)
- 7 tablespoons of butter (, melted)
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar
- 3 1/2 cups of mini marshmallows
- 12 reese’s peanut butter cups (, chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line an 8×8 pan with a piece of tinfoil or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the crackers, melted butter and cinnamon sugar. Stir until well combined.
- Press 2/3 of the crust into the bottom of the pan and bake for 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and quickly sprinkle on the marshmallows, chopped Reese’s and the remaining cracker mixture. Bake for an additional 6 minutes and remove from the oven. Allow to cool slightly before cutting.
Recipe Source: Oh Sweet Basil
I linked up over at: Buns in my Oven