These Mashed Potatoes with Rosemary Butter are incredibly delicious! The perfect side dish to serve alongside any meal. The fresh rosemary makes these sooo good!
I’m happy to report that Parker survived the first two days of school and the tears have stopped, at least for now anyway.
Now he’s just complaining that’s it’s boring school, his schedule is dumb and why does he have to have two different lunches . . . yes, it’s an ongoing saga with that boy. It’s a good thing I love him so much.
Anyway, let’s talk about these Mashed Potatoes with Rosemary Butter and how they completely rocked our world the other night. Holy moly they are amazing and fabulous and crazy delicious. I mentioned them the other day when I shared the recipe for the delicious Chicken Imperial.
I absolutely love fresh rosemary, so I had no doubts about them and knew I’d love them, but wasn’t sure if some of my boys would (ahem. . . Braydon!). Well, they all loved them. I don’t know how they couldn’t.
They are comfort food at it’s best and would go along side anything. . . chicken, pork, steak, etc.
Do yourself a favor and make them ASAP. You won’t regret it.Print
*You may need to add more milk to get the consistency you like.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 2 lbs russet potatoes ((peeled and cut into small cubes))
- 2/3 cup warm milk*
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, melt butter. Add chopped rosemary then remove from the heat.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender. Drain potatoes and transfer to a large bowl. Add warm milk and mash with a potato masher. Add Parmesan and rosemary butter. Mix using an electric hand mixer, mix until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Stop and Smell the Rosemary