This Skillet Salsa Verde Chicken & Rice is a fabulous weeknight dinner that is fabulous! It seriously could not be any easier and it’s all done in one pan.
I’ve declared my love for skillet dinners before. There’s this one and this one, just to name a few. I love them for so many reasons, but when it’s this hot outside, I especially love them because I don’t have to turn my oven on.
Today I’m sharing one of newest favorites . . .Skillet Salsa Verde Chicken & Rice . You guys, dinners really don’t get any easier than this. It’s as simple as cutting, seasoning, tossing, and simmering. . . easy peasy! Now doesn’t that sound simple?
Who doesn’t love a meal that can be on the table in 30 minutes or less?
I’ve made this twice over the last couple of weeks and my boys went crazy over it. They even asked for it for lunch the next day and just kept talking about how amazing it was. Braydon, who doesn’t usually eat something if there’s “green things” in it, inhaled this stuff.
This is definitely a keeper! I threw some diced avocado on mine and holy moly it was delicious. One more thing, Trader Joe’s Salsa Verde is my current favorite. If you have a Trader Joe’s near you, I highly recommend you try it. It’s delicious and really inexpensive.Print
This one-pot Salsa Verde Chicken & Rice is so quick, so simple, packed with flavor and absolutely delicious!
- 1 pound boneless (, skinless chicken breasts)
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice ((not instant))
- 2 cups broth
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1-inch cubes) and season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a large pot or dutch oven (something with a lid), heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is very hot, add the chicken in a single layer and cook until the chicken is almost cooked and is starting to turn golden brown. (*It’s ok if it’s not cooked all the way because it will finish cooking in the liquid while it simmers), about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Add the rice, salsa verde, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil then cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 25-30 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Stir in cheese and cilantro.
- Category: Chicken/Poultry