This one-pot Salsa Verde Chicken & Rice is so quick, so simple, packed with flavor and absolutely delicious! ♡
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 cups broth
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1-inch cubes) and season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a large pot or dutch oven (something with a lid), heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is very hot, add the chicken in a single layer and cook until the chicken is almost cooked and is starting to turn golden brown. (*It’s ok if it’s not cooked all the way because it will finish cooking in the liquid while it simmers), about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Add the rice, salsa verde, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil then cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 25-30 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Stir in cheese and cilantro.
- Category: Chicken/Poultry