This Salted Caramel Sauce is out-of-this-world delicious! You’ll never go back to store bought caramel once you’ve tried this recipe. Just four simple ingredients and about 10 minutes of your time.
Oh. My. Goodness!
This Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce . . . I’m 100% addicted. Give me a spoon and a jar of this sauce and I am in big trouble!
Could I eat the entire jar? Yes!
Have I eaten an entire jar? I’m pleading the fifth.
All you need is four simple ingredients (ok, technically five if you count the water) and about 10 minutes of your time and you have the most luxurious, delectable caramel sauce. There will never be a need to buy store bought caramel sauce again.
Simple to make . . .
- You start by combining the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir the mixture until the sugar dissolves and then leave it alone. . . no more stirring!
- Allow the mixture to come to boil and continue to boil without stirring.
- It will take a few minutes for the mixture to change color, but once it turns an amber color, remove it from the heat and whisk in the cream.
- Add the butter and salt and stir until combined.
You want a deep amber color. Either picture is a good color to pull it off the stove. The picture on the right will yield a darker caramel, with a little more intense caramel flavor. If you let it get any darker than the picture on the it may have a slight burnt taste, so don’t wait too long to pull it off. Keep in mind once the sugar starts to change color, it changes quickly so don’t take your eyes off of it.
♡What should I use this salted caramel sauce on?
This glorious salted caramel sauce quite literally goes with everything!
- Drizzle it over ice cream.
- Swirl it into brownies, bar cookies or cheesecakes.
- Dip apple slices into it.
- Use it any recipe that calls for caramel sauce.
- Most importantly, it is DELICIOUS straight from a spoon.
You’re either going to love me or hate me for this one.
I’ve made three batches of it in the last 10 days. It’s a little embarrassing to admit, but other than my mom tasting only a spoonful of this, I’m 99.9% sure I ate all three batches by myself. 🤦♀️ Please send help!
Make this ASAP!
I hope you have a great Memorial Day!Print
Recipe Source: Adapted from this recipe.