The most delicious salted caramel sauce ever! Simple to make and perfect drizzled on almost anything!♡
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, warmed or at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Heat the cream in the microwave for about 45 to 50 seconds. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, combine the water and sugar and stir to combine. Stir until sugar is dissolved and then STOP STIRRING!
- Let the mixture continue cooking on its own, without stirring (stirring will encourage crystallization). Watch the mixture closely and once it turns amber in color, remove the pan from the heat and slowly whisk in the warmed cream. Mixture will bubble, continue stirring until mixture is smooth. Whisk in the butter, vanilla and salt.
- Transfer to a dish to cool (the caramel will thicken as it cools).
- Store in a glass jar or container, covered. Caramel can be refrigerated for up to two weeks in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 to 12 mins