Saltine Cracker Toffee is the easiest treat you’ll make this holiday season! Just a few simple ingredients, this saltine toffee is ready to go in just about 15 minutes! It’s the perfect combination of sweet and salty.
- 40 saltine crackers (give or take a few)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups chocolate chips ((I used half semi-sweet, half milk chocolate))
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a jelly roll pan (10×15) with parchment paper or foil sprayed with cooking spray. Line saltine crackers in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- In a small pan combine sugar and butter and bring to a boil. Once mixture is at a boil, continue boiling and stirring for 3 to 4 minutes (mixture should be a deep caramel color). Immediately pour over saltines and spread to cover crackers completely.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 5 minutes (caramel will be bubbling vigorously). Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Put back in the oven for 1 minute then remove from oven and carefully spread chocolate chips evenly across the top.
- Cool completely and break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
- Category: Candy