I’ve always had a thing for 7-layer bars and Samoas. A thing as in I love them. So I did the logical thing and combined them into one decadent, rich, fabulous 7-layer bar. It’s 7-layer bar meets Samoas and it’s a good, good thing. These are so good it’s sort of ridiculous. They start out with a shortbread cookie crust, then are topped with chocolate chips, coconut & Samoa pieces smothered in sweetened condensed milk and melted caramel. . . um hello 7 layers of decadence! I sent these in my boys’ lunches the other day and they said their friends were begging for them share. The next day I sent them with several small pieces so they could share.
I’m sure it goes without saying that these bars are rich. So get out your fat pants and be prepared to run a few laps after eating these, but they are totally worth it, I promise.Print
Samoa 7-Layer Bars
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- 35 Lorna Doone cookies (, crushed finely)
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 – 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pkg. ((11oz) Caramels (I used Kraft))
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 Samoa cookies (, chopped)
- 2 cups sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325. Spray an 11×7 glass dish with cooking spray.
- Unwrap caramels and place in medium size saucepan, add can of sweetened condensed milk and turn heat to medium low. Stir frequently until caramels have melted and mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the crushed Lorna Doones and melted butter, mix until well combined and press into prepared pan.
- In a bowl place the chocolate chips, coconut, and chopped Samoas. Pour caramel mixture over chocolate chip mixture and gently stir until combined. Pour over the crust and gently press into pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the edges begin to just turn golden.
- Melt semi sweet chocolate chips in the microwave for 1 minute, stir. Cook for 30 seconds at 50% power if they still aren’t melted. Drizzle over bars.
- Cool for about 30 minutes and then refrigerate until cold before cutting.
If you don’t have any Girl Scout Samoas, and you’re not a “Samoa snob”, Keebler and Walmart both make one that are absolutely delicious and you probably won’t even be able to tell the difference.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Brownies & Bars
Who has an 11×7 pan? What is my alternative?
Actually a lot of people have that size pyrex dish, but a 9×9 pan will work also. You could even use a 9×13 pan, but the bars just wouldn’t be as thick.