These samoa brownies pretty much rock! If you love Girl Scout samoa cookies, then you will love these brownies.
You can keep things really simple and start with a box brownie mix or you can make a batch of your favorite homemade brownies. I went for the homemade brownies and made this family favorite recipe, but either way you go, these will still be delicious.
A delicious brownies topped with a thick layer of melted caramel and toasted coconut . . . .holy moly! These are really good.
If you’ve got a Memorial Day BBQ or picnic planned, you should add these to your menu. They will not disappoint.Print
- 1 box brownie mix or homemade brownies
- 3 1/2 cups toasted coconut ((see note))
- 2 11- oz pkgs caramels (, unwrapped)
- 1/4 cup half-n-half or milk
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Bake brownies according to package directions in a 9×13 pan. Or you can make your own favorite brownie recipe. Set aside to cool.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt caramels and half-n-half together on high for 3 minutes. Remove and stir until smooth. Cook in one minute increments if necessary to get the caramel mixture smooth.
- Fold in toasted coconut.
To toast your coconut, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread coconut on a large baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to brown, about 10 minutes, maybe longer. Make sure you watch this closely and stir often because it will all of a sudden turn brown.