- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups shredded coconut, toasted
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 35 caramels, unwrapped
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix the butter and brown sugar until creamy (I use my hand mixer). Add the flour and 1/2 cup of the toasted coconut. Mix until well combined (mixture will be fairly dry, kind of like damp sand). Press unto an ungreased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake until edges are light golden brown, about 15 minutes/
- While crust bakes, heat whipping cream, butter and the caramels over medium low heat, stirring often, until caramels are melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup of the remaining toasted coconut over the hot crust. Pour the warm caramel filling over the coconut and spread evenly and carefully. Sprinkle with the remaining toasted coconut.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, melt the chocolate chips for 45 seconds, stir and continue to cook in 10 second increments until melted and smooth. Drizzle over coconut and caramel layer. Cut or score bars with a sharp knife before chocolate sets all the way.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins