My sister-in-law Wendi and her husband made this amazing chicken the night they were in charge of dinner. It was a hit . . . . a HUGE hit! We devoured it, all 23 of us. I don’t think there was one of us who didn’t love it. It is so simple to make and absolutely delicious. I think this may be my new favorite way to grill chicken.You can also use a 3-4 lb. tri-tip roast instead of chicken. Trust me, you will love this.
Thanks Wendi for this yummy recipe!
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 chicken breasts
- ½ tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- Combine Rub ingredients in a small bowl. Rub all over chicken.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours. Remove from fridge and set at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Combine Marinade ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously to emulsify.
- Place chicken on grill. Baste with marinade turning every 3-4 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from grill and cover with foil and allow chicken to rest for about 10 minutes.