This Sausage Alfredo recipe is a tasty mix of classic Fettuccine Alfredo and Italian Sausage combined into one dish. Dinner in about 20 minutes!
I had a fabulous cookie recipe I was going to share today. But then I remembered it’s the day after Halloween and you may possibly be suffering from a sugar hangover, so I put the cookie recipe on hold for now.
So instead you’re getting this Sausage Alfredo recipe. Sound good?
If being able to make dinner in 20 minutes makes your heart sing a happy song, then you need to make this. If you ever have one of those nights when you’re not sure if dinner is even going to make it on the table, then you need to make this.
This pasta is delicious and so unbelievably simple. It is packed with flavor and is such a great twist on the classic Alfredo, which by the way, we all happen to love. The other night when my boys asked me what we were having for dinner and I said sausage alfredo, they were beyond overjoyed. They loved this and they inhaled it.
True comfort food.Print
- 1 pkg. (12-14 oz Smoked sausage, diagonally cut into 1/4” slices
- 8 oz. pasta20 mins, cooked, drained (any shape pasta will work)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Blackened or Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, saute sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add cream and blackened (or cajun seasoning); bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer gently for 3-4 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat, stir in Parmesan cheese. Add pasta to sauce and toss.
- I used a Johnsonville Chicken sausage with cheese and chipotle peppers rather than just a smoked sausage. It was absolutely delicious and gave this dish a little bit of a kick. I’m sure any kind of sausage would be delicious in this recipe so feel free to use whatever you would like.
- Category: Pasta
Recipe Source: Adapted Slightly from Hillshire Farms