- 3 1/2 to 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup salsa (or a little more if you want)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt (to taste)
Seasoned Black Beans:
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans
- 1/3 cup jarred salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
Cilantro Lime Rice:
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- burrito sized tortillas (whole wheat tortillas are great too!)
- Monterey Jack, Cheddar or Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- pico de gallo or salsa
- sour cream
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken, salsa, chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder and salt and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
- In a small sauce pan, heat the black beans, salsa, chili powder, cumin and garlic. Simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the hot cooked rice, melted butter, lime juice and cilantro. Add salt to taste. Set aside.
Assembling The Burritos:
- Heat and grease a large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- To make the burritos, begin by spreading the middle of the tortilla with shredded cheese about 1 1/2 inches in from the edge. Then layer the chicken, rice, cheese, beans, guacamole, pico de gallo and sour cream horizontally on top of the cheese staying within the bottom 2/3 of the cheese area as a guide.
- To wrap up the burritos, fold in the sides first and then fold the bottom edge of each tortilla over the fillings, keeping the ingredients tucked in as you go. Spray the burrito with cooking spray and place the burrito on seam side down in a heated skillet (medium to medium low heat) and grill for 3-4 minutes or until lightly toasted and heated through. Flip over and cook the second side.
- To serve, cut the burrito in half and serve with your favorite hot sauces, salsas, guacamole and chips, if desired.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes