- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Montreal steak seasoning, or your favorite brand
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk or half & half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced white button mushrooms, optional
- 3 cups sliced bell peppers (green, red, or yellow)
- 3/4 cup cup diced onion
- 8 ounces sliced or shredded cheese (Provolone, American, Mozzarella)
- Sliced rolls for serving
- Mayonnaise, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a sheet pan 15 x 10 x 2 inch with cooking spray or line with foil.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until browned. Drain any grease. Add the cream cheese, steak seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and milk. Continue cooking over medium heat or until cream cheese is melted and combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread beef mixture evenly on sheet pan.
- Wipe out skillet and heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms (fs using), bell peppers, and onion cooking until veggies are soft. Spread veggies on top of beef mixture. Sprinkle grated cheese (or lay slices of cheese) on top of the veggies. Bake in the oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- While meat mixture is in the oven, butter and toast rolls in a skillet over medium heat until golden brown(watch closely). If desired, spread with a little mayo.
- Once cheese is melted on the meat mixture, remove from the oven and place a spoonful immediately on prepared rolls.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins