These cookies will blow you away. Seriously, you won’t believe how good they are until you make them and try one.
Cookie recipes don’t get much simpler than this . . . three ingredients—easy peasy!
These cookies melt in your mouth and the mound of powdered sugar on top is oh so good.
You can make these any size or shape you want, I usually make them a little bigger and just round, but this last time I made them I used a flower cookie cutter and made them a little smaller, I thought they were adorable. Don’t skimp on the powdered sugar on top, it is what makes these cookies so incredible. There is something about a mound of powdered sugar that has been baked, I’m telling you it is magical!
- 2 cups butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups flour
- Extra powdered sugar for tops
- In large mixing bowl combine butter, powdered sugar and flour. Mix until well combined.
- Roll out to about 3/4″ thick and cut with a cookie cutter (any shape or size).
- Place onto un greased cookie sheet and poke a few times with a fork.
- Put a heaping spoonful of powdered sugar on top of each cookie.
- Bake at 375 for about 12-15 minutes or until bottom edges barely begins to turn golden.
- Transfer to a cooling rack.
Recipe Source: My sweet friend Pat Mehler