We happen to be a house full of wing-lovers so these sandwiches were a huge success the other night and won rave reviews from my hungry boys.
Dinner doesn’t get any easier than this, trust me. These sandwiches take all of 5 minutes to throw together in your slow cooker and taste fabulous. If you love wings like we do, and can handle a little kick then you really, really need to make these. They are dripping with flavor (and I mean that literally) and make an incredibly easy dinner. I don’t know about you, but I happen to love a meal that I can throw in my slow cooker and walk away and not have to worry all day about what I’m going to fix for dinner.
I might add one suggestion that I think I will try next time. Try placing the cheese on the bottom of the roll first, and then the chicken followed by the lettuce and dressing. I think the cheese may help keep the bottom of the roll from getting completely soggy from all the yummy wing sauce.Print
- 1 (12 ounce) jar Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
- 5 chicken breasts (, about 2 1/2–3 pounds (frozen is fine))
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 8 ranch type rolls
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- Blue Cheese or Ranch Dressing
- Blur Cheese Crumbles
- Shredded Lettuce or chopped celery
- In a small saucepan, combine the bottle of Franks Red Hot Wing Sauce and Hidden Valley Ranch Mix. Stir over medium heat until well combined, heat until its bubbly.
- Place 5 chicken breasts into your slow cooker. Pour the hot sauce mixture over the top of the chicken.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or on high for 4 hours (or until your chicken is cooked through and shreds easily).
- When chicken is done, shred the chicken with two forks (go ahead and leave it in the slow cooker to do this). Add 2 Tbsp. of butter and stir.
- To assemble sandwiches; place chicken on top of roll, top with a slice or two of cheddar cheese, some lettuce and blue cheese crumbles (if using). Spread blue cheese or ranch dressing on top half of the roll.
Recipe Source: Jamie Cooks it Up
I linked up at Buns In My Oven