Simple, creamy, rich and insanely delicious, this Simple & Decadent Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream is going to blow you away. It’s the most delicious chocolate ice cream ever!
- 2/3 cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk (1% or 2% are fine, don’t use skim though)
- 1 cup half & half
- 3 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Place the cocoa and sugars in a large bowl or measuring cup (I use my 8-cup pyrex measuring cup) and whisk together until well combined. Add the milk, and half & half and whisk until the cocoa and sugars are dissolved. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or until well-chilled. Pour into canister of your ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers directions.
- Once ice cream frozen, the ice cream will have a soft and creamy texture. You can enjoy it now or transfer it to a freezer-safe container and freeze for a few more hours for a firmer consistency.
- Prep Time: 2 hours (includes chill time)
- Category: Desserts