This Simple Ground Beef and Broccoli is an incredibly easy, flavorful and delicious meal that’s done in about 20 minutes. Ground beef, rice, peppers, and broccoli all covered in a delicious sauce.
Simple, delicious, one pan meals are something I just can’t pass up. They’re lifesavers for those busy weeknights when you really aren’t in the mood to make dinner.
This simple ground beef and broccoli is a fantastic dish that comes together in a mere 20 minutes. It’s loaded with ground beef, broccoli, red bell pepper and a delectable sauce. Pretty healthy if you ask me.
Now I know ground beef isn’t typically the meet used in beef and broccoli, but it works and it’s absolutely delicious. The ground beef is one of the reasons I love this dish, because I always have it in my freezer, but I don’t always have steak on hand.
Serve this with a side salad and even some potstickers or egg rolls and you’ve got a fantastic meal.
Easy as 1, 2, 3, . . .
- Brown your ground beef with salt and some minced garlic.
- Next, add the cooked rice, broccoli and red bell pepper. Cook for a few minutes until the broccoli is fork tender.
- Pour the delicious sauce on top and give it a stir, continue to simmer it until everything is heated through.
A few helpful tips:
- You could also use ground turkey or chicken in place of the ground beef.
- Frozen Broccoli may also be used. No need to thaw before hand, it may just have to cook a few extra minutes.
- You could also add shredded carrots, water chestnuts or celery.
- Try sprinkling some green onions, chopped peanuts, sliced almonds or crunchy chow mein noodles on top for additional crunch and flavor.
- If you’re worried about sodium, feel free to use a low sodium soy sauce in this recipe.
- I love to use sushi/sticky rice for this recipe, but long grain, jasmine, etc. will work just fine. Just remember to use COOKED rice. If you’ve got leftover rice in your fridge, this recipe is a perfect chance to use it up.
Storing this dish:
Store this in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to three days. You can also freeze this for up to 3 months.
This is a good one!Print
Simple Ground Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cup broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups cold, cooked long-grain rice
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet add ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally until browned, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and garlic, stir. Add broccoli, rice and bell pepper and stir until well combined.
- Continue to cook, stirring often until, until broccoli is fork tender.
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, chili sauce, hoisin sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl. Pour soy mixture over beef & rice mixture, stirring to combine.
- Continue cooking on low heat until everything is coated in the sauce and heated through.
- Serve with additional hoisin sauce or sriracha drizzled on top.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10
Recipe Source: Adapted from Southern Living
Leave a Reply