This Simple Ground Chicken Parmesan is loaded with flavor and incredibly easy to make. It can be on your table in under 20 minutes. A perfect weeknight meal for those crazy, busy days.
If you’re looking for a super fast and delicious dinner, then you’ve come to the right place. This simple ground chicken parmesan is a dinner that your whole family is going to love.
There really isn’t anything fancy-shmancy about this meal, but it still tastes amazing and checks all the boxes of a simple, fast, delicious dinner.
If you love classic chicken parmesan, then you’re going to love everything about this dish, especially it’s simplicity. Instead of breading and frying chicken breasts and then baking them in sauce, this dish is done in one skillet and no dipping, breading and/or frying is required. Ok, I guess technically you’ll use a second pan to boil the pasta in, but come on, it’s water in a pot. . . .easy peasy to clean!
I think my favorite part of this dish is all the melted cheese on top. Yes, I love cheese and you can never, ever have too much of it. Am I right?
SIMPLE LINEUP OF INGREDIENTS:
- ground chicken
- garlic powder, salt, pepper
- marinara sauce
- parmesan cheese
- mozzarella cheese
Serve this over any pasta . . . spaghetti, bow tie, penne, ziti or whatever your favorite kind is. Serve it along with some crusty bread and a green salad and you have yourself a pretty fantastic meal.
A couple quick tips . . .
- If you want this to be more “saucy” then use less ground chicken. Maybe only 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds.
- Use a good quality marinara sauce and one that you love.
Simple Ground Chicken Parmesan
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 jar (26 ounce) marinara sauce, see notes
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Spaghetti noodles or pasta of your choice
- In a large skillet add the oil and heat over medium heat. Add the ground chicken and break up while browning. When the chicken is almost completely cooked add the onions and stir to combine with the chicken. Drain any liquid/drippings from the pan.
- Add the garlic powder, salt, pepper and stir. Next pour in the marinara sauce and parmesan cheese. Stir until combined and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring a couple times.
- Add the mozzarella cheese to the top of the chicken, cover and let cook for another 4-5 minutes until the cheese has melted. Serve over spaghetti or you pasta of choice.
- Be sure and use a good quality marinara sauce. My go-to favorite is Trader Joe’s Tomato Basil Marinara. Use whichever one you love.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Mantitlement
Leave a Reply