This Simple Taco Casserole is so, so good! Starts with seasoned ground beef, beans, cheese and topped off with your favorite toppings. Perfect for a quick, simple and delicious weeknight meal.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 (1.25-ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 1½ cups water
- 1 can ((15-oz) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed)
- 1 can ((15 oz) Ranch Style beans)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- Sliced green leaf lettuce
- Chopped tomato
- Chopped green onion
- Sour Cream
- Diced avocado (or guacamole)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink, drain.
- Add seasoning mix, 1½ cups water, both cans of beans and cook over medium-low heat until most of liquid has evaporated, approximately 10 minutes. Spoon into prepared dish. Top with cheese.
- Bake until bubbly and the cheese melts, approximately 10 minutes. Top with crushed tortilla chips and desired toppings.
- Category: Main Dishes