- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken (I use a rotisserie)
- 8 oz thin spaghetti, cooked
- 1 1/4 cups shredded sharp
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Start cooking pasta according to package directions.
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet (or any 12-inch skillet), melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and bell peppers, cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic.
- Stir in flour and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in broth and cook until bubbly, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Whisk in half-and-half and cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Stir in Parmesan cheese and remove from heat. Add chicken and cooked spaghetti. Using a rubber spatula, carefully stir until well combined and noodles are well coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake until bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and until cheese melts, 4 to 5 minutes more. Let stand 5 minutes before serving
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Pasta