This Skillet Fritos Chili Pie is hands down one of the best skillet meals ever. Loaded with beef, kidney beans and tomatoes, then topped with dollops of a cream cheese mixture. . . it seriously is killer!
You guys, this is so simple to make and crazy delicious. I don’t think I’ve ever seen my boys inhale something so fast!
This Fritos pie is packed with flavor and is most definitely comfort food at its finest!
Most Fritos pie recipes I’ve seen call for canned chili, but with this recipe, you make a basic, simple homemade chili that is so good. Now let’s talk about the cream cheese mixture you plop on top of this pie.
It’s cream cheese, sour cream and dry ranch dressing mix and it’s absolutely the star of the show here. It adds a creaminess and amazing flavor to this pie and takes it to a whole other level.
Now of course, the Fritos are also the star here. The saltiness and crunch they add just make this pie even more amazing. Like I said before, my boys literally inhaled this and probably would have each eaten the entire pan on their own if they could have. They would have had to fight me first for it though.This is going to become a favorite at your house, I can almost guarantee it!Print
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons ranch dressing mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 lb ground extra lean beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fire roasted diced or crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 can (4.5 oz) diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Fritos™ corn chips
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions (optional)
- In small bowl, stir cream cheese, sour cream and ranch dressing mix until completely combined. Set aside.
- In 12-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, drain. Stir in beans, tomatoes, green chiles, chili powder, cumin and salt. Heat until mixture begins to lightly boil, then reduce heat and simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until slightly thickened. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Drop rounded tablespoons cream cheese mixture on top of meat mixture. Top with Cheddar cheese, cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and cheese pockets are heated through.
- Top with Fritos and green onions and serve.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW IF YOU GIVE THIS A TRY! I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK. SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM USING THE HASHTAG #5BOYSBAKER SO I CAN SEE WHAT YOU’RE MAKING IN YOUR KITCHEN.
Recipe Source: Tablespoon.com