This Skillet Fritos Chili Pie is hands down one of the best skillet meals ever. Loaded with beef, kidney beans and tomatoes, then topped with dollops of a cream cheese mixture. . . it seriously is killer!
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons ranch dressing mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 lb ground extra lean beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fire roasted diced or crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 can (4.5 oz) diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Fritos corn chips
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions (optional)
- In small bowl, stir cream cheese, sour cream and ranch dressing mix until completely combined. Set aside.
- In 12-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, drain. Stir in beans, tomatoes, green chiles, chili powder, cumin and salt. Heat until mixture begins to lightly boil, then reduce heat and simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until slightly thickened. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Drop rounded tablespoons cream cheese mixture on top of meat mixture. Top with Cheddar cheese, cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and cheese pockets are heated through.
- Top with Fritos and green onions and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American