It’s sloppy joe meets grilled cheese and it’s a match made in heaven! These Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are just plain ridiculous! You’re going to be hooked after one bite!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 10–12 slices Texas toast bread
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- 3 – 4 cups shredded cheese (or more if you need it)
- Brown ground beef with onion in skillet until fully cooked. Drain off any grease.
- Add mustard, ketchup and brown sugar and Worcestershire, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- To assemble sandwiches, place one slice of bread, butter side down onto griddle or skillet. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, a scoop of the beef mixture, and top with some more shredded cheese. Place a piece of bread on top, butter side up. Cook over medium heat until browned, carefully flip over and cook other side until browned.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Sandwiches/Burgers/Wraps