It’s sloppy joe meets quesadilla and it’s a beautiful, beautiful thing. These Sloppy Joe Quesadillas are so crazy good and super simple to make.
These sloppy joe grilled cheese sandwiches are a huge favorite at our house and are requested all the time by my boys. They also happen to love quesadillas, which is why these cheesy ground beef quesadillas won them over the first time I made them, and still continue to.
Apparently a lot of you also like both those recipes because they’re super popular here on my site. So it dawned on me the other day that combing the two would be about the best thing ever.
So here you have it, sloppy joe meets quesadilla and it is a really beautiful thing my friends.
Sloppy Joe Quesadillas!
Seriously, I can’t even believe I didn’t think of it sooner!
These were a smashing hit at our house. We devoured them in about 43 seconds and my boys were begging for more.
Serve them with some fresh fruit and/or a green salad and you’ve got a simple, scrumptious meal, plus your family will love you forever!Print
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- Butter ((softened))
- 4–5 cups shredded cheese
- Brown ground beef with onion in skillet until fully cooked. Drain off any grease.
- Add mustard, ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire . Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spread butter on one side of each tortilla.
- To assemble quesadillas, place one tortilla, butter side down, onto griddle or skillet. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, then spread 1/4 fourth of the beef mixture, and then top with more shredded cheese. Place another tortilla on top, butter side up. Cook over medium heat until browned, carefully flip over and cook other side until browned.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American