This Slow Cooker 3-Ingredient Creamy Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos are incredibly delicious! Simple to make and perfect for those busy days. You will fall in love, I promise!
My slow cooker is my saving grace so many nights when it comes to dinner. I’d be lost without it. This 3-Ingredient Creamy Salsa Verde Chicken is my newest slow cooker sensation and has won all of us over. We can’t get enough of it. We actually stood there eating the chicken right out of the slow cooker after we’d eaten our tacos. It’s sooo good!
Three ingredients make this one of the simplest, quickest slow cooker meals ever. The flavor of this chicken is amazing. My all-time favorite salsa verde is from Trader Joe’s. It’s honestly the best one I’ve ever tasted. It’s only $1.99 a bottle and I always make sure of have at least two or three bottles of it in my pantry. I use it all the time. If you’re lucky enough to have a Trader Joe’s close by, I highly, highly recommend you use their salsa verde.Now I know this really looks like nothing spectacular, but please just trust me when I say the pictures don’t even do this justice. This chicken is creamy, packed with flavor, moist, tender and absolutely delicious. Every time I make it, my boys honestly go crazy over it, I mean crazy!
Dinners honestly don’t get any easier than this. Well, ok, I guess driving through Chick-fil-A’s drive through or calling Cafe Rio for take out might be easier, but this is a close second.
Please, please, please try this. You will absolutely love it.Print
- 3 large chickens breasts
- 1 cup salsa verde ((My favorite is from Trader Joes))
- 4 oz cream cheese (, softened)
- Tacos Shells of your choice
- Cheese ((I love to use the cotija cheese))
- Place chicken in slow cooker and season lightly with a little salt and pepper.
- Pour salsa verde over the top and cook on high 3-4 hours or low 4-5 hours (or until chicken shreds easily).
- Shred chicken and add the 4 oz of cream cheese. Cook for another 20-30 minutes. Remove lid and stir the softened cream cheese into the chicken until well combined.
- Use for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, etc.