Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles is a hearty, comforting dish that is satisfying on so many levels. It’s simple to make and tastes amazing and always hits the spot. The homemade noodles take it to next level good!
It was 16 degrees when I went to the gym the other morning. Walking from my car into the gym was painfully cold and I haven’t been able to get warm since.
Thank goodness for meals like this Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles. It’s warming, comforting and I could eat it every day for the rest of this cold, winter season. Actually, I could eat this year round, it’s that good! It’s basically a combination of savory, tender pot roast and creamy stroganoff, aka heaven in a slow cooker!
Tender, juicy pot roast, homemade egg noodles and a savory broth. Sound delicious?
This is such a simple meal to make any night of the week. Throw everything in your slow cooker and let it do the work. Definitely my kind of dinner!
One of my favorite parts of this meal is the homemade egg noodles. Now before you get all anxious and start sweating bullets about having to make homemade egg noodles, HEAR ME OUT . .
The first time I made this I told myself right from the get-go I was going to use store-bought frozen egg noodles. But then I decided to branch and make my own. I figured if I can make cinnamon rolls and homemade bread, egg noodles should be a walk in the park.
Guess what? I was right!
Egg noodles are unbelievably simple to make, take about five minutes, and are infinitely better than store-bought.
How to make Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles:
- Place the roast in your slow cooker. Add onions, garlic, and beef broth, then cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the meat to a plate and shred with two forks. Discard any from the meat and from the juices in your slow cooker. Return the meat to the slow cooker.
- Make the egg noodles while your meat is cooking. . . In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and olive oil. Add flour until the dough comes together in a ball.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 5-8 times, then let it rest for 10 minutes before rolling out as thin as possible and cutting into thin strips using a pizza cutter. (The noodles are ok to sit for a few hours until ready to add to the slow cooker.
- Add the noodles to the meat and broth in the slow cooker and stir gently to separate the noodles. Cook another 30-45 minutes until the noodles are done. The broth will thicken from the flour on the noodles.
Homemade egg noodles vs. store-bought:
If you’re wondering whether or not to make homemade noodles or make a trip to the store to buy frozen noodles just think about this. . . In the time it would take you to drive to the store and buy frozen egg noodles, you can make your own at home (being totally serious). They are incredibly simple to make and taste amazing. However, don’t feel like you can’t use frozen egg noodles. They are delicious and will work fine, but I can’t recommend enough trying to make your own.
Here are a few step by step photos and I promise they’re as easy as they look to make.
They take about 5 minutes to make and you will be so proud of yourself when you’re done. Also, keep in mind they don’t have to look perfect. . . they will still taste fantastic.
Tender Shredded beef in a rich gravy with homemade egg noodles . . . does comfort food get any better?
This is a stick to your ribs meal that you’re going to fall in love with.Print
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from House of Nash