- 1 pkg. (32 oz) frozen, shredded hash browns (see notes)
- 2 cups ham, chopped or cubed
- 3/4 to 1 lb bacon, cooked crisp & chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups grated Colby jack cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place 1/2 of the hash browns in the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle with half of the ham, bacon, pepper and then cheese. Repeat layer one more time, ending with cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over the layers in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours on high or for 4 to 5 hours on low (see note) or until casserole is set and eggs are thoroughly cooked.
- I like to use the Simply Potatoes Brand Southwest Style Shredded hash browns for this. It’s a 20 oz package, so I will either use 1 1/2 packages or 1 full package and about half a bag of regular shredded hash browns.
- Depending on your slow cooker, this may take less time than listed. Make sure you check the center with a knife to test for doneness.