Sweet, tangy and crazy delicious, this Slow Cooker Brown Sugar BBQ Chicken is a game changer. So simple to make you’re going to want it on repeat.
Are you ready for possibly the most delicious Slow Cooker Brown Sugar BBQ Chicken recipe?
If you’ve been following me long enough, you should know by now that I love my slow cooker and use it year round. If you’re not using yours regularly, you’re truly missing out on the joys of simple, delicious slow cooker meals like this Slow Cooker Brown Sugar BBQ Chicken (it’s kind of the bomb!).
I love the ease being able to toss a few ingredients into my slow cooker, walk away and come back hours later to a scrumptious dinner that was pretty much effortless.
You really can’t go wrong with this meal. Even your pickiest eaters are going to go crazy for this one. Promise me on thing and make sure to add the coleslaw on top. If you’re a coleslaw hater, just hear me out. . . even my boys who don’t really care for coleslaw LOVE it on these sandwiches and my pulled pork sandwiches. It adds crunch, sweetness and a little tang. . . you can’t beat it!
Be sure and drizzle some extra BBQ sauce on top (yes I forgot to for the pictures 🤦♀️)
line up of ingredients:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- BBQ sauce
- Brown sugar
- Italian dressing
- Garlic powder
- Smoked paprika
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper
You really can’t go wrong with this Brown Sugar BBQ Chicken! It’s wildly delicious and doesn’t have to be used only for sandwiches. Use it for BBQ chicken salads, quesadillas, tacos, etc.
A few tips:
- Use a good quality BBQ sauce, it will make all the difference! Our absolute favorite is Sweet Baby Ray’s. Don’t forget to drizzle a little extra on top.
- For even more flavor and deliciousness, you can butter the buns and brown them in a skillet. It’s not necessary but it’s so good.
- You can cook this on high for 3 to 4 hours, but I always prefer cooking chicken on low in the slow cooker. Chicken tends to dry out and I feel like it stays moister if it’s cooked at a lower temperature.
- Try adding a slice of cheese on top . . . YUM!
This is a good one!Print
Recipe Source: Delish Fun Summer Dinners Magazine