- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c. barbecue sauce, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup packed light or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Coleslaw, optional but highly recommended
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 pkg. coleslaw
- Place chicken breasts in your slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, Italian dressing, garlic powder, smoked paprika and red pepper flakes.
- Pour over chicken breasts and toss together until well coated. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or until chicken shreds easily.
- Shred chicken and serve on buns with a drizzle of barbecue sauce and a spoonful of coleslaw, if desired.
- In a small bowl, add the mayo, sugar and vinegar, whisk until smooth.
- Put coleslaw into a large bowl and pour dressing over. Toss until well combined. Refrigerate about 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 to 6 hours