This Slow Cooker Butternut Squash is silky-smooth, slightly sweet and the perfect side dish to any meal. It’s absolutely delicious!
I don’t know about anyone else’s, but my garden this summer was overflowing with butternut squash. Because I’m such a huge fan of the orange beauty, that’s not a bad thing.
I think butternut squash is one of those things that you either love or hate.
Obviously, I love it and am always on the hunt for new butternut squash recipes.
A couple of my favorites are this soufflé and this soup. Both are amazing and if you haven’t made them, you absolutely should.
This Slow Cooker Butternut Squash is now another one I can add to my favorites. It’s absolutely delicious and I could eat it every single day. It’s smooth, silky and tastes amazing.
Now while this is simple to make because your slow cooker does most of the work, you do have to peel that darn squash, which can be a bit of a pain. Just use a good vegetable peeler and it’s really not too bad.
With the holidays just around the corner, this would be an excellent side dish for those dinner parties you might be having or your Thanksgiving dinner.
So, so good you guys, I promise. I have lots of butternut squashes still and I can’t wait to make this again.Print
Slow Cooker Butternut Squash
- Total Time: 310 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
A simple, delicious side dish perfect for any meal.
- 3 pounds butternut squash
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- Salt & pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, (melted)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, (plus extra as needed)
- Peel and seed squash and cut into 1″ cubes.
- Combine squash, cider and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a slow cooker, cover and cook until tender, 4-6 hrs on low.
- Mash squash thoroughly with a potato masher. Stir in the butter, heavy cream and brown sugar. Season with salt, pepper and additional brown sugar to taste.
- Serve immediately or keep on warm setting until ready to eat.
Feel free to add more brown sugar if you want this a little sweeter. I usually end up putting a couple more tablespoons in just because I like mine to be a little bit sweeter.
You also may need to add more cream depending on the consistency you like.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 300 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
BE SURE AND PIN THIS TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARDS SO YOU CAN MAKE IT LATER!
Recipe Source: ATK’s Slow Cooker Revolution
Lori West says
This looks delicious! I always am looking for different sides dishes and one you can make in the crockpot is even better!