- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 4 breasts)
- Salt & pepper
- Water (or can use chicken broth)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 to 2 cans (15 oz) chili beans, undrained
- 1 (can 10 oz) Rotel tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- Tortilla shells (flour or corn)
- Grated Cheese
- Green Onions
- Sour Cream
- Put your chicken breasts in your slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Add enough water to cover the chicken. Put lid on and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours on low or on high for 3 to 4, or until chicken is tender and shreds easily.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred. Empty the water out and place shredded chicken back in your slow cooker.
- Add in the smoked paprika, chili beans, Rotel tomatoes and salsa. Cover and continue to cook on low for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve on tortilla shells topped with your favorite toppings.
- Category: Main Dishes