- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa verde
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel tomatoes, mild or original
- 2 (15 oz) cans Great Northern beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 to 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- grated cheese
- fresh cilantro
- sour cream
- tortilla strips
- Add the salsa verde, tomatoes, beans, chicken broth, onion, oregano, pepper, salt and cumin into your slow cooker.
- Lay the chicken breasts on top and gently push down into the mixture.
- Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 t hours or on high 3 to 4 hours or until chicken shreds easily.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board and shred completely; return to chili in slow cooker and stir. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve with desired toppings.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 to 6 hours