This Slow Cooker Chicken & Noodles is my idea of comfort food! Loaded with egg noodles, tender chicken, and a creamy broth, it’s a simple recipe that is guaranteed to be loved by even your pickiest of eaters!
Fall temperatures always seem to get me craving comfort food and this Slow Cooker Chicken & Noodles definitely hits the spot on any cool, chilly night. It’s simple, delicious and true comfort in a bowl.
So simple to make with simple ingredients. It’s basically chicken noodle soup minus the carrots and celery.
Let’s hurry and talk about the elephant in the room . . . canned soup! Now I know some people are 100% opposed to using them, I’m not. I don’t use them all the time, but I do occasionally and I love the convienence of them. So if you are one of those people, I’m sorry. You could certainly make your own condensed soup for this recipe.
Hearty, rich and so delicious, I promise that even your pickiest eaters are going to love this!
CAN I USE CHICKEN BREASTS OR THIGHS?
It’s a personal preference here. I am not a huge fan of chicken thighs, so I always use chicken breasts. Either will work so use whatever you like best, or you could use a combination of both.
Serve this with a green salad and some delicious bread (because you know, the more carbs the better) and you have the most amazing, comforting meal ever.Print
- 3 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10.5 oz) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon herbs de provence
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth (possibly more)
- 8 oz medium egg noodles, uncooked (*see notes)
- 1–2 tsp dried parsley
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker and season lightly with salt and pepper
- Pour the cans of soup on top of the chicken breasts and roughly spread on top.
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder and herbs de provence on top of the soup.
- Place the butter slices to the top, then pour in the chicken broth around the chicken.
- Cook over low heat for 3 to 4 hours, or high heat for 2 to 3 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and shreds easily.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the slow cooker and shred into chunks with two forks (do not remove any liquid from the pot.)
- Add the shredded chicken back to into the slow cooker along with the dry egg noodles and stir gently.
- Cover and continue cooking for 30-45 minutes, until noodles are tender. If necessary, add additional chicken broth to thin out the mixture.
- Serve and top with dried parsley (optional)
- Store in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- Most egg noodles come in 12 oz packages, you will only need about 3/4 of the package. Also, if you’d rather use the no-yolk noodles in place of egg noodles, that is fine.
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from The Country Cook